Ryde Appley and Elmfield Ward Update
My next ward meeting is Thursday 3rd August at 7pm at St. John’s Church Hall, High Park Road. The following are items on the agenda:
- West Acre Park (URGENT NOTICE) – IW Council are shortly to issue consent and residents’ lawyers will have 6 weeks to pursue Judicial Review. The crowdfunding site is still live and needs support – Save Westridge Farm Campaign (crowdjustice.com) Those residents that object to this application do need to be aware that this period is crucial in getting to Judicial Review. IW Council by issuing consent during the school holidays could be accused of trying to blindside residents. I know the Crowd Justice site shortly is to be updated.
- Pennyfeathers – The reserved matters (full plan) was refused by IW Council Planning Committee and although the landowners could appeal the decision there is no sign an appeal is going to be made. I am pursuing IW Council Cabinet about the thinking about the future of this site and what are the consequences. I am now vigorously pursuing the compulsory purchase of 155/158 Marlborough Road that have been empty and derelict for 6 years and could be brought back into housing. I have contacted Island Roads about the overgrown hedges and the pavements and the district steward has attended and cut back the brambles.
- Victoria Crescent – Still waiting news on when it will be put up for sale.
- St. Mary’s School – The school has been withdrawn from the threat of closure and the IW Council School Place Plan has been put on hold now due to the decision by Hampshire County Council to withdraw from partnership with IW Council in managing Children Services and Education.
- Elm Close Traffic Regulation Order – I met with Elm Close residents in July and I am now pursuing their grievances and concerns with IW Council. I am waiting for response from Highways.
- Appley Park and Tower – Natural Enterprise is now putting in place the workplan to start the restoration of the Tower. 4 new beach huts are now available for short period hire which generates income for the Tower in the future. I am pursuing new fencing and repair of park furniture. Appley Day I believe is on 1st October and I will post more information shortly. I will be organising in the Autumn another Appley stakeholders meeting.
- Appley Rise Traffic Regulations Order – A consultation process should be starting regarding putting double yellow lines on one side of the road. Residents should be sent information from Highways.
- Newsletter – I hope to do one in September and apologise for not putting one out but information changes so quickly it is hard to keep up-to-date. My website is the best way to get to find what is going on www.michaellilley.uk
- Sheep on Bullen Road and at Amherst – I have spoken to Captiva Homes and they have been in touch with the farmer currently using West Acre Park for grazing livestock to repair fences etc.
- Ryde – There are lots of events over the summer practically all summer and the Appley Beach Sports Festival was fantastic last week with 100s attending. See attached and click on below for information on Summer Events:
Pride – PrideFacebook & IW Pride – Isle of Wight Pride
Party on the Green with Ryde Carnival and Rotary on the Wight – 11:00am -18:00pm (moved to 16th September 2023)
Deadpool Rob and Friends – Deadpool Rob and Friends Summer Fun Day | Facebook 11:00am – 16:00pm
Ryde Carnival – Ryde Carnival – & Ryde Carnival | Facebook
Classic Car Show – Isle of Wight Classic Car Extravaganza | Facebook
Love Monday – LoveMonday-DerekSandy 18:30pm – 20:30pm
Hope to see you on Thursday but if not have a fantastic August.
Councillor Michael Lilley – Ryde Appley and Elmfield.